Southern Rice PuddingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Soak rice in 2 cups milk for 2 hours then add remaining milk and cook over low 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool then heat oven to 350 and butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Work butter until soft then work in sugar thoroughly and beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar mixture and rice then flavor with cinnamon, mace and lemon rind.
- Pour into casserole and bake for 45 minutes then serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
This sounds delicious Cat. 5gecko in Cleveland loved it
high5 rice love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
love rice pudding... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!