Coconut Crusted Jamaican Toast with Rum Praline and Fresh Whipped CreamFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- Two French baguettes or one Italian loaf shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound brown sugar shopping list
- 1 stick salted sweet cream butter shopping list
- 1/2 ounce spiced rum shopping list
- 1/2 ounce creme be banana shopping list
- 1 ounce orange juice shopping list
- 8 ounce heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make basic egg wash with the eggs and milk. Season the egg wash with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut 1 inch slices of toast en bias from the French baguette (3 or 4 for each serving). Soak each slice on both sides without becoming heavy and soggy with batter (about 10 seconds each side). Then dip lightly or sprinkle coconut flakes on both sides. Fry in a lightly oiled preheated pan until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan to plate and drizzle with rum praline. Serve with a large dollop of fresh whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- Rum Praline Syrup:
- Melt 1/2 stick butter and add 1/2 pound brown sugar, stirring until incorporated. Add 1 ounce orange juice, 1/2 ounce spiced rum and 1/2 ounce creme de banana. Simmer lightly and take off heat when consistency is a thick syrup.
- Fresh Whipped Cream:
- In a blender, food processor, mixer or by hand, whisk 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream until it has formed nearly stiff peaks. Stir in 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and 1 cup sugar. Continue whipping until peaks are stiff. Do not over whip. Serves 4 to 6.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Another great breakfast delight. High 5 yet again. Love the sounds of this one. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh Peeta - this sounds delicious - thanks for the great post and high 5.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yikes! This sounds incredible!kandisinmi in Sterling Heights loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!