New Otani Hotel Sake DuckFrom shibattou 6 years ago
- 2 to 4 pound duckling shopping list
- honey shopping list
- grated peel of 1 orange, or mandarin orange shopping list
- 1/2 bunch green onions shopping list
- sake SAUCE (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1 cup mirin (sweet sake) shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (San-J premium preferred) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch shopping list
- 1 leek, finely julienned shopping list
How to make it
- Place duckling on rack in baking pan.
- Bake at 300*F. for 2 hours, basting with honey every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Remove bones from duck and cut meat into desired slices.
- Sprinkle orange peel and green onions over duck.
- Pour Sake Sauce over duck.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Combine mirin, soy sauce, orange juice, and ginger in small saucepan.
- Heat until hot but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Mix arrowroot or cornstarch with a small amount of hot liquid, stir until smooth then add to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Strain sauce through fine strainer into another pot or sauce boat.
- Add leek to sauce and mix gently.
- Let stand 10 minutes to blend flavors.