Dried Cranberry and Basmati Rice Stuffed Butternut SquashFrom trigger 6 years ago
- extra virgin olive oil as needed shopping list
- 2 butternut squash, cut in half and seeded shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 packages Melissa’s basmati rice, cooked per package instructions shopping list
- 2 Tsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 (3 oz. pkg.)Mellissa’s Dried Cranberries’ shopping list
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Brush olive oil onto cut squash Season with salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in the oven until fork tender.
- When finished remove squash from the oven and let cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out pulp from the squash leaving about ¼-inch edge.
- This will be used as a baking and serving dish.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan melt butter and caramelize onions.
- Next, add the cooked rice squash and lemon juice.
- Stir to break up squash pulp.
- Next, add the cranberries and parsley and mix well.
- Divide the mixture among the squash shells place on a cookie sheet and roast until heated through.
- Serve Immediately.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating3 people
Saw the butternut on the title, and thought I would take a peek. Nice combination -- I love butternut squash, basmati rice is my favorite, and dried cranberries are addictive!
I'm going to have to try this when the squash...moreshine in Rainier loved it
This does sound delicious! I love the way it is prepared and served! 5 forks, and thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it