Dried Cranberry and Basmati Rice Stuffed Butternut SquashFrom trigger 7 years ago
- extra virgin olive oil as needed shopping list
- 2 butternut squash, cut in half and seeded shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 packages Melissa’s basmati rice, cooked per package instructions shopping list
- 2 Tsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 (3 oz. pkg.)Mellissa’s Dried Cranberries’ shopping list
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Brush olive oil onto cut squash Season with salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in the oven until fork tender.
- When finished remove squash from the oven and let cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out pulp from the squash leaving about ¼-inch edge.
- This will be used as a baking and serving dish.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan melt butter and caramelize onions.
- Next, add the cooked rice squash and lemon juice.
- Stir to break up squash pulp.
- Next, add the cranberries and parsley and mix well.
- Divide the mixture among the squash shells place on a cookie sheet and roast until heated through.
- Serve Immediately.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating3 people
This does sound delicious! I love the way it is prepared and served! 5 forks, and thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Saw the butternut on the title, and thought I would take a peek. Nice combination -- I love butternut squash, basmati rice is my favorite, and dried cranberries are addictive!
I'm going to have to try this when the squash...moreshine in Rainier loved it