Coconut Pecan Frosting and FillingFrom jena 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups Baker's angel flake coconut (3-ounce can) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, sugars, butter, and vanilla.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat (mixture might appear a bit curdled).
- Quickly stir a small amount of the hot liquid into the beaten egg yolks; return egg yolk mixture to the hot mixture in saucepan and blend well.
- Return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans.
- Cool to spreading consistency, beating occasionally.