Italian Meringue Buttercream FrostingFrom zena824 6 years ago
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Boil until candy thermometer registers 243 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl, using electric mixter, beat egg whites to form soft peaks.
- With mixer running, very slowly beat in hot syrup.
- Continue beating until meringue is completely cool and forms soft peaks.
- In separate bowl, cream butter, shortening, lemon juice and vanilla until soft and light.
- Add meringue slowly to butter mixture, blending well.
- Frost sweet cakes after they have cooled.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
wow kove your buttercream frostingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds so good, along with your little sweet cakes...I've never had much luck with any recipe involving a candy thermometer, but just might have to try this one! Thanks, Zena, for a great post! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!