Italian Meringue Buttercream FrostingFrom zena824 5 years ago
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Boil until candy thermometer registers 243 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl, using electric mixter, beat egg whites to form soft peaks.
- With mixer running, very slowly beat in hot syrup.
- Continue beating until meringue is completely cool and forms soft peaks.
- In separate bowl, cream butter, shortening, lemon juice and vanilla until soft and light.
- Add meringue slowly to butter mixture, blending well.
- Frost sweet cakes after they have cooled.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
This sounds so good, along with your little sweet cakes...I've never had much luck with any recipe involving a candy thermometer, but just might have to try this one! Thanks, Zena, for a great post! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
wow kove your buttercream frostingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!