Pepper Jack Chicken PastaFrom RedHerring 8 years ago
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli (penne pasta works just fine) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed Southwest style pepper Jack soup, undiluted shopping list
- ¾ cup water shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack or hot pepper Jack cheese, optional shopping list
- 2-3 chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 package (or 1/4 cup) taco seasoning shopping list
- OR shopping list
- 1 package (20 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern or Fajita-style chicken strips shopping list
How to make it
- (If you choose to use the pre-cooked chicken strips, you can skip this step.) Add chicken and taco seasoning to large resealable plastic bag. Shake to coat. Saute in large skillet in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink or juices run clear. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until tender.
- Stir in the soup, chicken, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in beans; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
The CookRedHerring Rexburg, ID
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!