Rich Texas ChiliFrom yorkdukeman 7 years ago
- 3 lbs good quality chuck steak, NY strip with fat trimmed off shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 1/8 cup corn oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoon corn flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can large can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups low salt beef stock shopping list
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 chipotle peppers shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into 1/4" cubes dredge in corn flour
- in heavy skillet heat 1/2 corn oil till hot work in 2 batches brown beef after second batch brown onions add garlic but do not brown.
- Place meat, onions, garlic in slow cooker
- Fry tomato paste in same skillet until caramelized add to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or until thick and meat is tender. Adjust seasoning. Taste even better the second day. Enjoy!
The Cookyorkdukeman York, ME
The Rating5 people
Sounds soooo good. High 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This sounds so great - thanks for the post and high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yep, this sounds perfect, thanks so much for a great post!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!