Perfect Summer Shish-ka-bobsFrom acemom 7 years ago
- FOR THE MARINADE: shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 C. veg oil shopping list
- 14 oz. pineapple juice shopping list
- KA-BOBS: shopping list
- 2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 2 zucchini shopping list
- 1 fresh pineapple shopping list
- 2 sweet onions shopping list
- 2 quarts cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix marinade ingredients. Cut chicken into just-larger-than-bitesize pieces. Mix chicken and marinade, chill between 1-6 hours.
- Prep vegetables into large chunks and separate. (De-stem mushrooms, bell peppers into 1" squares, zucchini into coins, pineapple and onions into large chunks.)
- Alternate vegetables and chicken onto wooden skewers - put a pineapple chunk next to each piece of chicken. Average 3 pieces of chicken per skewer. Be sure to get at least one piece of each veggie on each skewer.
- Grill on high heat for about 10 minutes, rotating a couple of times to cook evenly.
- Serve with cooked rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookacemom Glenpool, OK
The Rating5 people
YUM! This sounds fabulous, thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Delightful, I see a grill in my future…Chicken …I see chicken… and a long bamboo stick…hum… That is what your recipe would look like if I were psychic anyway, since I am not, thank you for posting it.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Great stuff. A definite 5 and if you add some vino to the marinade it's a 6. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!