Neelys Homemade Peach Ice CreamFrom lasaf 7 years ago
How to make it
- A few hours before making, place ice cream maker into freezer
- Place chopped peaches into a sauce pan. Add water and can of peach nectar. Cook over medium heat until soft and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain peach juice. Place peaches into a large bowl, add sugar and allow to come to room temperature
- Add sour cream, heavy cream,vanilla extract and lemon juice to the bowl with the peaches. Using an imersion blender mix together to incorporate. If you do not have an imersion blender a food processor works just as well. ( I would chill the mixture for at least an hour at this point.)
- Remove ice cream maker insert from the freezer and turn the machine on. Pour the ice cream mixture into the insert and follow the manufacturers instructions for churning. Freeze ice cream in a covered container until ready to serve. Or freeze it in Peeta's Pie.
The Cooklasaf St. Paul, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!