Ultimate Turtle BrowniesFrom lisamariecr 6 years ago
- 1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch) shopping list
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box shopping list
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread 1/2 of batter (about 1 1/2 cups) in pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Pour caramel over partially baked brownie; spread to edges. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake 33 to 36 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour at room temperature. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour before serving. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered at room temperature.