Beef and Potato BoatsFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 4 large baking potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wash potato skins and prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and milk; set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool 10 minutes. Add bacon, sour cream and remaining salt.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top each with a fourth of the mashed potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place potatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
This sounds yummy - thats again for your wonderful posts! hIGH 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
What a great recipe! Thanks and 5 forks.
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
thanks for passing on a great recipe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!