Lentil SoupFrom prince 7 years ago
- 2 c. of dry lentils shopping list
- 8 c. of water shopping list
- 1/2 c. of rinsed and thinly sliced spinach shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of vinegar shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 c. of olive oil shopping list
- 2 diced carrots shopping list
- 2 stalks of chopped celery shopping list
- 2 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp. of dried basil shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to add olive oil to a pan over medium flame..
- Next you want to add your onions, carrots, and celery, cooking until your onions are yellow.
- Now you want to stir in your garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and the basil.(approx. 2 min.)
- Once this come to a full boil, lower your flame to low for aroud an hour.
- Finally, right before serving, add the spinach, letting this cook until whilted.
- Ladle into bowls, give a splash of vinegar! And Serve!
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookprince Miami, FL
The Rating4 people
I used red lentils, about 1/2 a teaspoon lemon pepper, and also added the two tablespoons vinegar during the last fifteeen minutes of cooking, spinach was last. Very nice tasty soup. Oh, and this is also the first time I have eaten lentils, and en...moreandypandy in Sault Ste Marie loved it
This sounds good, but i think you missed out some steps ;) I'll try it tonight and let you know what I think!nemo in Italy loved it
I just ate this! ^_^ soup is good on a cold evening.
I halved everything because I was cooking for 2 big eaters (so 3 servings total)
It was not fantastic but good. I was told i could keep the recipe for future use :) but then as we ...morenemo in Italy loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!