Potato Skins with Cheddar and BaconFrom blackcupcake 4 years ago
- •4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- •7oz (200g) bacon, rind removed, cut into sticks shopping list
- •2 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- •scant ½ cup whole milk shopping list
- •2 tbsp butter shopping list
- •¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- •2 tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
- •salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Prick the potato skins all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 45–50 minutes, until tender. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- . Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat about 4 minutes until golden.
- Add the shallots and cook until they soften, about 1 minute more.
- Slice off the top third of each potato, horizontally. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Reserve the hollowed-out skins and place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Mash the potato with a potato masher.
- Add the milk and butter, and beat until smooth. Stir in the Cheddar and bacon mixture along with the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- . Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the filling is heated through and golden on top. Serve hot with extra chopped parsley sprinkled on top, if desired.