Roast Pork With Rosemary And Caramelized ApplesFrom sitbynellie 4 years ago
- 2 thick pork tenderloins (fillets) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers shopping list
- 1 rounded tablespoon rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 3 granny smith apples shopping list
- 1 level tablespoon demerara sugar shopping list
- 8 fl. oz. strong dry cider shopping list
- 2 heaped tablespoons creme fraiche shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a baking tray.
- Using a sharp knife, make little slits all over the meat.
- Push a sliver of garlic into each slit. Turn the fillet over so that the garlic is on both sides.
- Bruise the rosemary leaves in a mortar to release the fragrant oil. Chop them up finely.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Combine the melted butter with the vinegar.
- Brush the meat with some of this mixture.
- Sprinkle with half the rosemary, and season.
- On the baking tray, scatter the onion.
- Place the pork fillets on top.
- **NB: All this can be prepared in advance and covered with clingfilm.
- When you want to cook the roast:
- Preheat the oven to Gas 8.
- Core and slice the apples into 6.
- Toss the apples in the remaining butter/vinegar mixture, then arrange them all around the baking tray.
- Sprinkle them with the sugar and the rest of the rosemary.
- Place the tray on the top shelf in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until the pork is cooked, and there are no pink juices. Transfer the pork and apples to a serving dish and keep warm. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a little cider to the baking tray. Loosen the onions and the juices and then pour into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the cider. Allow to reduce by about a third.
- Add the creme fraiche and taste for seasoning.
- Carve the pork and serve with the sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- victoriaregina USA, VA
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- sitbynellie Glasgow, GB
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
The Rating6 people
oohh that sounds good. 5 forks from me.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Mmmmmm very yummy i can just smell it and taste it now yummmm lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
fantastic recipe gotta love it high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it