Elaines Cream of Asparagus and Leek SoupFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 9 cups cold water shopping list
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed, but left whole shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup chopped leeks shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (the vanilla enhances the flavor of the ingredients, but imparts no vanilla taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the asparagus in the cold water
- Add the salt
- Add the leeks
- Bring slowly to the boil, covered
- Add the vanilla and pepper to taste
- Cook until the asparagus is nicely soft
- Using an immersion blender, grind the asparagus to a fine pulp
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool for about ½ hour.
- SLOWLY add the heavy cream, constantly stirring.
- (The cooling period prevents the milk from cooking immediately or souring)
- On low flame, reheat the soup before serving.
- Garnish with a trace of heavy cream, as the illustration shows.
- (Cooking this today; pics to follow!)
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating15 people
great recipe love aspargusmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
ooooh will make this for work if I can get a deal on the asparagus, although leeks are a bit pricey at the mo, interesting idea using the vanilla, does it have to be proper pure vanilla? or can I get away with essence!!bear in Penzance loved it
Sounds wonderful!! Asparagus soup is so yummy and the addition of leeks and vanilla here really sparked my interest!! Thanks for yet another great recipe, Elaine!
I sure hope you're doing well and that you are finally enjoying some well d...moremeals4abby in Valders loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!