Cherry Almond and Mascarpone TrifleFrom victoriaregina 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine cherries and brandy in a saucepan and place over high heat and burn off the alcohol for about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Lightly squish the cherries once with a fork and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain the cherries out and allow to chill.
- Continue to cook the liquid until slightly thicker and place in fridge to chill as well.
- Lightly cook the almond flakes in a dry pan over med-high heat (be sure to toss the almond flakes continually as they will easily burn).
- Once slightly browned remove them from the pan immediately and spread out on a plate to cool.
- Once all the ingredients are cool, place a small layer of mascarpone in each glass (making the mascarpone layers too thick will make the dessert a little too rich).
- Layer some cherries onto that.
- Then sprinkle some almonds onto that.
- Another layer of mascarpone and so on and so forth until the top of the glass is almost reached, the last layer should be cherries.
- Just prior to serving pour a little of the reserved cherry juice on top and garnish with the last of the almonds.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
sounds so good ..love almonds and cherries together... add the mascarpone and you have a winner...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
wonderful 5 !midgelet in Eastern loved it