How To Thread A Potato ChipFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Chef Dan Barber of Blue Hill at Stone Barns makes a whimsical amuse-bouche by threading a sage leaf through a potato chip. It's easier than it sounds. shopping list
- After slicing the potatoes, use a paring knife to cut two parallel 3⁄4" slits in the center of a slice, one slit spaced about 1" from the other. shopping list
- Next, simply pull a sage leaf up through the first slit and then down through the second until it's centered. Repeat with the remaining sage leaves and potato slices. The sage leaves become crisp when fried and lend the chips an herbaceous flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
lol. very interesting thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I made it here to see this one!!! Very interesting. Thanks Peetajett2whit in Union City loved it
Thanks Peeta - these sound interesting. I might try baking these??? Worth a try - I don't fry many things any more. I saw something similar once where they layered 2 thinly sliced potatoes with a sage leaf in the middle. They looked beautiful in ...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!