Rhubarb and Cream Cheese PieFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces) shopping list
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches) shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Add water; stir until smooth.
- Add rhubarb.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into the pie shell; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Pour over pie.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
midglet this is awsome love a good Rhubarb pie thanks cream cheese a plus. great post.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites140 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere49 members