COCA COLA GLAZED HAMFrom callcenterguy 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the brine from ham and wash ham in water.
- Score the fat in the traditional diamond pattern.
- Stud it heavily with whole cloves, and place it in a large roaster.
- Pack 1 lb. of brown sugar on to the top of the ham just as thick and as high as you can pack it. Don't worry about the part that falls off, it will be left in the pan to melt into the glaze.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until the brown sugar begins to melt.
- Pour 1 can of Classic Coke over the ham very gradually, trying not to wash off the melting sugar.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325.
- For the remaining basting you will use a mixture of burgandy wine and pineapple juice, basting every 30 minutes, for 4 hours.
- Be sure to spoon up the pan juices and pour them back up over the top. The idea is to keep the meat super moist for the whole time it is cooking.
- You may "tent it" with foil the first 3 1/2 hrs.
- This is the best tasting ham you will ever eat, so be willing to devote a little extra time to it.
- The secret to this delicious ham is in the basting.
- Don't skip and don't skimp.
The Cookcallcenterguy Malabon, PH
The Rating4 people
Great Post! High Five !quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
This sounds wonderful - thanks for the great post and high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This sounds amazing! Definitely a "5" from me!
Lori from Illinoismomofsixil in Davis loved it