Cedar Plank Halibut Tacos With Chipotle Avocado CreamFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- For Halibut: shopping list
- 4 pieces fresh wild halibut filets, 6 to 8 ounces each shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel shopping list
- smoked paprika, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- olive oil, for drizzling shopping list
- For avocado Chipotle Cream: shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 small ripe avocado, cubed shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo (or use chipotle powder to taste) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Serve with: shopping list
- fresh corn tortillas, finely shredded napa cabbage, lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Soak cedar plank for at least 30 minutes in water. Season halibut with smoked paprika, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a charcoal grill. Place halibut on dried off cedar plank and grill until fish is cooked, about 16-20 minutes.
- Take plank off grill, tent fish lightly with foil and allow resting for 10-15 minutes.
- For Avocado Chipotle Cream, place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to small serving bowl.
- Gently flake fish into large chucks and put on serving platter. Serve with warm corn tortillas, avocado chipotle cream, shredded cabbage and limes wedges. Garnish with cilantro, optional.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
I love these flavors - what a great recipe. Thanks and high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Love fish tacos. Yum, Yum, Yum.californiacook in loved it