Duck Legs Cooked With Plums And Star AniseFrom sitbynellie 4 years ago
- 4 fat duck legs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (I used a mix of dark and light soy) shopping list
- 3 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder shopping list
- A handful of star anise shopping list
- Half a stick of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 16 plums shopping list
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar (more if you like a really sweet sauce) shopping list
- 1-2 fresh chillies, deseeded and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time shown does not include marinating time.
- Put the duck legs, soy sauce, 5-spice powder, star anise, cinnamon stick, and olive oil in a resealable (ziplock) bag, and mix well together. massage the marinade into the duck legs then put in the fridge and let marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days if possible.
- Preheat the oven to Gas 3/160C/325F
- Take a casserole dish which will fit the four duck legs snugly.
- Halve and de-stone the plums and put them in the base of the casserole.
- Mix in the chilli(es)
- Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Pour over the marinade from the bag.
- Place the duck legs on top.
- Put the casserole in the oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours until the meat falls away from the bone.
- Remove the star anise and cinnamon, and test for seasoning.
- Add more soy if necessary.
- Serve with pancakes, rice or noodles.
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
The Rating5 people
Brava. I wonder if you could just use a whole duck and marinate it overnight?merlin in San Francisco loved it
Nice Recipe Susan, Sound Really Delicious. Fresh Duck Legs Aren't Readily Available Here In My Part Of Alabama. We May Have To Take A Short Drive Over To Atlanta.
Thnx For Sharing,
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
WOW WHAT A GREAT RECIPE SUSAN ..THANKS HON
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it