Honeycutts Key Lime PieFrom texaspapajohn 3 years ago
- 3 egg yokes shopping list
- 4 oz softened cream cheese shopping list
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (see note) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier shopping list
- 1 9 inch “Keebler Ready Crust® Shortbread Pie Crust” shopping list
- Note: Use fresh key limes if posible. I use a hand garlic press. to squeeze the Key Lime halfs. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Beat the yolks in a bowl until thick. Add softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and beat until blended. Add lime juice slowly, mixing well. Add Grand Marnier. Pour custard into
- pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove until cool (1hour) refrigerate overnight. Do not place in refrigerator while hot, as crust will get soggy.
- To serve; cut in to 8 pieces, place on white serving plate, garnish with whipped cream on crust end of pie, sprinkle with grated lime zest, then drizzle with raspberry syrup.
- Raspberry syrup recipe;
- 1/3 Cup currant jelly
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 20 oz unsweetened frozen raspberries
- Thaw raspberries, and process through fruit mill and strain to remove seeds.
- Add corn starch to mixture. In a small sauce pan, melt currant jelly then add raspberry mixture.
- Bring to soft boil and cook until clear. Let cool then place into squeeze bottle for drizzle.
The Cooktexaspapajohn Dallas, TX
The Rating5 people
This is a "5"FORK!!!!! recipe~(^_^)~
I love the use of the 'Grand Marnier'just the
perfect touch to "kick-it-up-a-notch"Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
fabulous!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Wonderful recipe - thanks for the great post! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!