Roast stuffed leg of lambFrom jeef_boner 5 years ago
- 1 boned and butterflied leg of lamb, about 1.5kg shopping list
- 125g breadcrumbs shopping list
- 100g pinenuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomata puree shopping list
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- glass milk shopping list
- dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- You can bone and butterfly the lamb yourself but any competent butcher will do a better job!
- Lay the lamb on tinfoil
- mix all ingredients except lamb and milk in a bowl
- add milk a bit at a time till the stuffing mix just sticks together
- using a knife, spoon or whatever comes to hand (I use my hand) spread the mix across the inside of the lamb joint, leaving a 1" gap at either end.
- roll lamb (like a swiss roll) and either use foil or string to secure (I wrap in foil to retain juices and keep joint moist, but string helps you carve after)
- bake till done according to taste. I like my lamb medium, so for 1.5kg around 100 minutes in a 170celsius oven is fine
- slice and serve with fresh steamed vegetables and roasted spuds/kumara/butternut. It's moist enough to do without a gravy, but you could always make one if you so desire.
- This easily serves 8 greedy people!