Tandoori Chicken Roasted ChickenFrom shariq28sep 5 years ago
- 2 kgs (8-10) chicken quarters, with 2 deep slits in each piece shopping list
- 200-300 g natural yogurt, whipped shopping list
- 120 mls lemon juice or malt vinegar shopping list
- 75 g ghee or butter or oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated or crushed ginger root (or ginger paste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil, for brushing shopping list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish shopping list
- Slices of cucumber, red (Spanish) onion, tomato and lemon, for garnish shopping list
- * You can get ready made roasted or Tandoori chicken spice mix from any Indian or Pakistani grocery store. shopping list
- *You can increase the amount of species depending on the how much chicken meat u want to roast, but keep the proportion same as stated above. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix all the ingredients and coat the chicken pieces(Stir until well-mixed, then pour the mixture over the chicken and rub it into the flesh, turning the chicken several times.). Marinade in a refrigerator for a few hours, discarding any liquid collected. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- *Marination times can very depending how much time u want to invet for this awesome and tasty dish. More u marinate more, it becomes more tasty. But dont kept it for more than 7-8 hrs.
- 2. The chicken may be grilled or roasted. If using a charcoal grill, prepare a fire for direct-heat cooking. Position the grill rack 5 inches from the fire. Allow the coals to burn until white ash covers them and the heat is moderate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, pressing lightly to extract excess marinade, and brush with oil. Place the chicken pieces on a well-oiled grill rack and; grill, covered, with the vents open, turning 3 or 4 times, 45 minutes or until the juices run clear when a piece is pierced near the bone with a knife.
- If roasting, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, brush with oil, and cook, turning once, 25 to 30 minutes until the juices run clear when a piece is pierced near the bone with a knife.
- 3. Serve with a fresh green salad, onion, tomatoes and wedges of lemon.
- *Per serving : 303 calories, 33 percent calories from fat, 45 grams protein, 3 grams carbohydrates, .54 gram total fiber, 11 grams total fat, 124 milligrams cholesterol, 707 milligrams sodium. (aprox)
- So people on diet stay away from it :)
- Happy cooking :)
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cookshariq28sep Montreal, CA
The Rating4 people
This is making me hungry. Thanks for a great post!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This is one of my favorite Indian dishes. Great recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I can imagine the aroma of this. It'll be one to torment the neighbors as they will smell it, but it's not likely that they'll get any. Well, they'll have to be quick.trev in Bogangar loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!