Chicken KormaFrom thenewagecook 4 years ago
- 2 Tblsp of vegetable oil or butter shopping list
- 3 chicken breast halves (skinless, boneless and diced) shopping list
- 1 tsp of ginger (minced or paste) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves (minced or paste) shopping list
- 1 small onion (diced) shopping list
- ½ green bell pepper (seeded and chopped) shopping list
- ½ red pepper (seeded and chopped) shopping list
- 1 cup of green peas (thawed if frozen) not canned shopping list
- ½ cup of unsalted cashews or sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 ½ Tblsp of curry powder (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 Tblsp of brown or white sugar (to taste) shopping list
- (8oz.) of plain yogurt shopping list
- (16oz.) of coconut milk, heavy cream or milk shopping list
- water (if sauce is too thick) shopping list
- NOTE- The vegetables can be cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the yogurt and some garlic, ginger, salt and pepper for about 2-3 hours.
- Heat the oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat, stir in the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook stirring for 5 minutes until the onion turns brown.
- Stir in the chicken mixture, the vegetables and the cashews.
- Then add the coconut milk and season with the sugar, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with white or brown rice or with parathas.
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
The Rating7 people
I am a big fan of curries and korma is a delicious dish. Great recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I bet the old man will even like this one!^5fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!