Gluten Free Soft PretzelsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 3⅔ cups gluten-Free High-Protein ****** shopping list
- flour Blend shopping list
- ⅓ cup potato flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rapid yeast shopping list
- 2½ teaspoons xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or dairy-free shopping list
- alternative shopping list
- 1½-2 cups warm water, divided shopping list
- ⅔ cups baking soda shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- salt, for sprinkling shopping list
- ...................................................... shopping list
- This nutritious blend works best in baked goods that require elasticity, such as wraps and pie crusts. shopping list
- 1¼ cups bean flour (your choice), chickpea flour or soy flour shopping list
- 1 cup arrowroot starch, cornstarch or potato starch shopping list
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together flour blend, potato flour, yeast, xanthan gum and salt.
- Using the paddle attachment of your mixer, beat ingredients together on medium speed, adding melted butter and 1¼ cup warm water. Add enough water to make a soft but not wet dough. Beat for 5 minutes. Then cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and beat an additional 4 minutes. Oil dough lightly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each into a 12-inch rope. Make a U-shape with the rope. Holding the ends, cross them over each other and press them onto the rope to form a pretzel. Transfer to a parchment-lined pan. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Bring baking soda and 10 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Lower heat to simmer and cover.
- Place pretzels into boiling water, one at a time, and boil for 30 seconds. Remove from water with a slotted spoon.
- Return boiled pretzels to the sheet pan. Brush each with egg yolk and water mixture. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until dark golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- TIP For an authentic look and taste, sprinkle pretzels with coarse sea salt or pretzel salt.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
I cant wait to try this I love soft pretzels and if i dont have to cheat on my life style and can eat right and have it taste good. keep the wounderful ideas comming. your awsome. megan.maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!