Very Good Southern Potato SaladFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 8 large russet or red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, sliced in rings shopping list
- 1 small red onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 hard boiled eggs,chopped shopping list
- 1 small jar sliced green olives(do not drain) shopping list
- dash of celery seed shopping list
- dash of creole spice shopping list
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard(you can add more depending on taste) shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (white and green parts) shopping list
- 5 slices of crisp cooked bacon(crumbled) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise (good quality kind) shopping list
- cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 container soft cream cheese with chives shopping list
- *shredded cheddar cheese(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes until just tender(about 15 minutes)
- Drain and allow to cool.
- When potatoes are cool to touch, remove skins
- In large bowl mix together the potatoes,mustard, green onions, celery, red onion, eggs, and olives.
- Stir in cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Season with creole spice, celery seen, cracked black pepper and salt
- Sprinkle bacon over top(if using cheese, sprinkle this on top too)
- Sprinkle top with parsley and decorate with green or red bell pepper rings.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating8 people
GREAT "5"FORK!!!!! Potato Salad~
'Rich & Creamy'...thats how we like it
in the South!
Thanks for sharing a 'Winner'~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Sounds great, will print and try soon. Thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
OH WOW! Haven't had this one! Thanks for sharing...I gotta try it. On the list to ake soon.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!