Boiled Potatoes With A Spicy Cream SauceFrom whonel 8 years ago
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, washed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 small serrano pepper, halved, seeds and veins removed shopping list
- Or 1 tablespoon aji amarillo paste (see note) shopping list
- 8 ounces (1 cup) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4 hard-cooked eggs (divided) shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk, if needed shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry shopping list
- 12 botija (purple Peruvian) olives (see note) shopping list
- Or 12 Greek style olives of your choice shopping list
- black sesame seeds, optional garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with salted water and cook until tender but firm.
- While potatoes are cooking, make the sauce. In a blender add oil, bell pepper and serrano pepper or aji paste and liquefy. Blend in ricotta cheese, a little at a time, followed by 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in half. Add cream cheese in chunks. If sauce is too thick, add milk to bring it to the consistency of yogurt. Add salt.
- When potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool, then peel and slice each potato crosswise to make 3 to 4 slices per potato. Place lettuce leaves on individual plates. Fan potatoes out beside or over lettuce and cover with cream sauce. Cut remaining 2 hard-cooked eggs in half. Garnish each plate with egg and olives, and black sesame seeds if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Aji amarillo and purple Peruvian botija olives are available at ethnic and specialty Latin food markets.
The Cookwhonel San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!