Tuna And Egg Pasta SaladFrom lexisone 7 years ago
- 8 oz pasta - i prefer a penne shopping list
- 1 hardboiled egg - well chopped shopping list
- 1 can tuna in water, drained shopping list
- 1 cup defrosted frozen peas (optional) shopping list
- for dressing - shopping list
- 2 tbs pickle juice shopping list
- 2 tbs dried onions shopping list
- 2 tbs yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup light mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp dried dill shopping list
- 1 tsp hot sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Begin with bringing water to boil to cook pasta
- make dressing for pasta by adding the pickle juice, dried onions, yellow mustard, sour cream, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, chili powder, dill, hot sauce, and paprika to a bowl and mix well. set aside
- when water boils add a generous amount of salt and add pasta.
- cook until just al dente.
- drain and toss with cold water until pasta is chilled and has stopped cooking.
- add pasta, egg, tuna and peas (if using) to dressing and mix to combine being careful not to break pasta. season with salt and pepper to taste. if the salad is too dry add additional mayonnaise 1 tbs at a time to your desired creaminess is reached.
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (preferably a couple of hours). serve chilled.
The Cooklexisone Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!