Marmalade Bread and Butter PuddingFrom huxter 6 years ago
- 6 slices of good thick fruit loaf - shopping list
- Chunky marmalade ,a Scottish type with zesty citrus flavour shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 275 ml full cream milk shopping list
- 60 ml thick cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- handful of golden raisins shopping list
- 75g sugar shopping list
- grated or zested rind of an orange shopping list
- brown sugar for topping shopping list
- 2 tbsp candied peel ,finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 Degrees Cent .
- Butter the bread and slather with the marmalade
- Cut each slice into four triangles
- Layer the triangles into a smallish buttered baking dish ,standing up with points to the top.
- Scatter with raisins to taste --I use plenty .
- Mix together the milk ,cream, sugar, and eggs ,whisking well, and then pour over the bread .
- Then scatter the peel ,zest and brown sugar over the bread pudding
- Place in the oven and cook for about 35 mins but check .I like a golden crusty top to contrast with the custardy centre . So I leave it to cook for the full 40 mins . Its up to you .
- When we were kids staying on our Granparents farm ,plain bread and butter pudding was called Poverty Pudding and was just that --bread and butter and little else .This is a luscious dessert with something extra that Mom made as times improved and ingredients became available .
The Cookhuxter Mundoona, Australia
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!