Chicken StrataFrom elaina253 7 years ago
- 1 tblsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 med onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 oz. asparagus, woody stems discarded, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 4 cups 1 inch cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 6 cups 1 inch cubed sour dough bread shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Tillamook garlic white cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus, water and cover. Cook until asparagus is crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until all liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to large bowl.
- Add chicken and mayonnaise, mix well.
- Whisk milk, broth, eggs, basil, chives, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Lightly butter 13x9 baking dish.
- Spread half of bread cubes in dish; top with chicken mixture. Spread remaining cubs over chicken. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 - 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake strata for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; serve hot.