Coconut Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or oreo crumbs) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups coconut shopping list
- 6-8 tsp butter, melted (just enough to make it moist, however much you need) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 lbs cream cheese, unwrapped and microwaved for 20 seconds on high shopping list
- 5 extra large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch ( use 2 Tbs for more creamy! ) shopping list
- 1 tsp coconut extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ingredients and pat into bottom of springform pan.
- Beat cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Add cream, cornstarch and extract.
- Mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes with a pan of water on the bottom rack of oven.
- Reduce temperature to 300°F and bake 1 hour longer.
- Run knife around edge of cake.
- Cool. Top with glaze
- Combine chocolate chips, cream and vanilla extract in small saucepan.
- Stirover medium-low heat until smooth.
- Cool until glaze begins to thicken but can still be poured, about 30 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake; spread evenly.
- Chill cake overnight.
- Note: as usual, I alter recipes. So i added 1 tsp vanilla and used 1 cup of shredded coconut to the batter
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Wow!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I'm drooling here - sounds wonderful! High 5 to you my friend!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
I make a coconut cream cheesecake that is divine....this sounds like a Mounds Bar! YUM! Saved for the next dessert event. I may have to make one up, LOL.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Companys Coming114 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members