Coconut Balls No-BakeFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- 2 cups pitted dates, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup refrigerated egg substitute shopping list
- 1 Tbs dark rum or 1 tsp. rum extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups corn flacks or toasted rice ceral shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper. in a mediu saucepan, combine dates, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg substitute. Mix well.
- 2) Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and begins to simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Rum, vanilla, and corn flakes umtil combined.
- 3) Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- 4) Place coconut in a small bowl. Roll cereal mixture into balls. Roll balls in coconut, pressing to adhere. Place coconut balls on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate untill rady to serve.
- Chocolate optinal:
- Melt 2 squares ( 2oz ) semisweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH, stirring once. Drizzle chocolate over coconut balls. Place them on a waxed paper-lined plate, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
Another winner! High 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
these sound fantastic! thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
You know this is diffrent than the No Bake Cookies.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!