Braised Beef With White BeansFrom mrtnzangel8 7 years ago
- 4 beef chuck mock tender steaks (6 oz. each) shopping list
- 1 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot; brown beef steaks.
- Add onions, tomatoes and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender
- Remove steaks. Add beans; simmer and stir 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach; remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute. Serve with steaks. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Makes 4 servings.
- *note-this is copied exactly from the package, in my version I had to cook up a few great northern beans and I am using frozen spinach. :)
The Cookmrtnzangel8 SW, MO
The Rating3 people
This has "Comfort" written all over it, my friend....Great post!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
This sounds absolutely wonderful...braised beef is a truly delectable dish. Most comforting and I love the beans and spinach side.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Good old Chuck steak!! High five! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it