Crab Cakes With Spicy Dipping SauceFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- crab cakes shopping list
- 1 box Zataran’s crab cake mix, prepared as directed on the box using a 1 pound can of refrigerated crab meat or fresh picked crab meat from the legs, with the addition of 1 egg to the mix shopping list
- peanut or canola oil for frying shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying shopping list
- Dipping Sauce shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- ½ cup sour cream shopping list
- Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip mix shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- red pepper flakes shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onions shopping list
- pinch of garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the mayonnaise and sour cream together well; add seasonings to your taste, using about ⅛ teaspoon of the first 3 “spicy” seasonings until desired spiciness is reached. Adjust the other seasonings until you find the right flavor to your liking. If you can’t get the Fiesta Party Dip mix, use taco seasoning as an alternative, but nothing beats that dip mix if you can find a Tastefully Simple distributer in your area!
- Prepare the crab cakes as directed on the box, shaping into the size patties you prefer. I can get 16 to 20 small cakes for appetizers, or about 8 larger patties for a main course serving.
- Heat oil in skillet, enough to cover bottom of pan about 1/8" deep - you don't need to deep fry the crab cakes, but you want enough oil in the pan to get a good crunchy coating on them. When the oil if hot, add the butter just before putting the crab cakes in the hot oil.
- Fry cakes until done, about 3 minutes per side, until deep golden brown. Flip cakes and fry the other side until equally browned.
- Remove crab cakes from pan and drain on a couple layers of paper toweling.
- Serve immediately with the spicy dipping sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Oh lawd these have my name all over them. Krum, you sweetie you. I likey the spicy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
~HELLO~'Krum K.' ~
Good to see you posting recipes~!
"5"FORK!!!!! for this Crab Cake recipe~
Zatarans is a wonderful brand to use for many
Southern recipes~ I have used it a lot~
Hope all is well with you & yours?
~*~mj...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Boy, the sauce here sounds sooo yummy! You are making me super hungry!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!