Salsa Supreme Stuffed PeppersFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup dry TVP granules shopping list
- 1/4 cup boiling water (or vegetable broth) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored and tops reserved shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine the TVP and boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, salsa, ketchup, Worcestershire, cumin, chili powder, oregano and cinnamon and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a nonstick frypan, saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Stir into the pre-made rice mixture.
- Place even amounts of filling into the centre of each bell pepper.
- Place the tops back on the peppers and place into the casserole with 2 tbsp water.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, then remove casserole lid and bake a further 20 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!