Bears Hot Spiced Brisket with Soft PolentaFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- Brisket shopping list
- 3-4 pound brisket, Fat left on (ask butcher not to trim the cap) shopping list
- 12 ounces modello beer shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped chipotle in adobo sauce shopping list
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh groung black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- polenta shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup corn meal shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- place brisket fat side up in bakeing dish with a tight fitting lid
- mix the chipotle and dry ingredients using blender or Vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- add beer , and pour the mixture over the brisket
- Cover dish with lid and bake for 2 hours, increase heat to 350 degrees, and bake for 3 additional hours. (check for tenderness after 2 1/2 hours in 350-degree oven; if needed, cook for the remaining 30 minutes) When tender, remove meat from pan and set aside
- Skim desired amount of fat off the cooking liquid; discard. Place the remaining liquid in a saucepan and boil over medium high heat, reduceing the liquid by half.
- Slice brisket on a cutting board. return the sliced meat to the bakeing pan and drizzle with sauce. Keep warm until serving time in a 225 degree oven.
- Bring water , butter, and salt to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Whisk in cornmeal in a slow, steady stream. reduce heat to medium low, and stir constantly until polenta thickens, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Plate sliced brisket over creamy polenta and serve with coldslaw, if desired.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating7 people
Yay! I love brisket! My favorite birthday meal was always bbq brisket. Thanks Griz!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
'BEAR'~ You are such a 'tease'!!!
Trying to 'lure' innocent' women with thoughts of this
"5"FORK!!!!! Brisket muddling up their brains!
Oh Me, Oh My~ what is a 'girl' to do?
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Well, Bear, this is right down my line! Lawsey me, brisket is about my favorite! Delish!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!