Cuban Ropa ViejaFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 cubanelle peppers,seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 c sliced onions shopping list
- 1 can(8oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbs each olive oil,cider vinegar and minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 boneless chuck steak (1-1/2 lbs. shopping list
- 1/3 c coarsely chopped alcaparrado(used Goya) or 1/3 c piemento-stuffed olives plus 2 Tbs chopped capers shopping list
- 1/3 c chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients except steak,alcaparrado and cilantro in a 3-1/2 qt. or larger slow-cooker. Top with steak;turn steak over to coat with mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until steak is very tender.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board. Remove and discard bay leaf. Tear steak in shreds using 2 forks. Return shreds to cooker;stir in alcappado and chopped cilantro,and serve.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Yum, yum, yum! I have never heard of alcaparrado but I have big, fat Martini olives stuffed with pimentos and capers - so I guess I'll use that. I even have the steak in the freezer - home tonight to thaw it out and make for dinner tomorrow night! ...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
This DOES sound incredible! I've never heard of alcaparrado either. I've seen Goya in the Mexican section, but don't know what that is either. (Man, I'm naive!) I DO know what capers are though - LOL and have them. I'm saving this and gonna try s...morejustjakesmom in Everett loved it