Tasty Fenugreek Turkey Pasta SauceFrom dollhead 4 years ago
- 15 oz can chick peas-drain out most of the liquid, but not all shopping list
- 15 oz (thereabouts) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 28 oz (approx) can of any flavor spaghetti sauce (we used DelMonte roasted garlic & onion) shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 lb ground turkey shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled & diced shopping list
- 1 large red onion sliced shopping list
- dried fenugreek leaves (see below) shopping list
- fresh basil leaves--if you squeeze them all together, I used about a golf ball sized clump shopping list
- fresh parsley ?about 3-4 TBSP of leaves shopping list
- oil for cooking shopping list
- S & P to taste shopping list
- pasta of your choice for serving the sauce on shopping list
How to make it
- Put a small amount of oil in your pan and begin to cook the onions. Once they are about half cooked, add the basil, parsley & garlic.
- Keep it moving in the pan so the basil wont get that icky burnt taste.
- Once the garlic has cooked a little, add diced tomatoes and chick peas-cook over medium heat so the chick peas can soften a little.
- Add the ground turkey and cook meat until it's done.
- Stir in dried fenugreek leaves-I started with 1teaspoon, but you can start with less-especially if you aren't familiar with the flavor of fenugreek-did I even spell it right???
- Keep cooking it on stovetop over medium heat. Stir in the tomato sauce-salt & pepper to taste. Put your pasta on to cook.
- Stir it well as it cooks a few more minutes-add more fenugreek if you feel the need ( I added another 1/2 teaspoon)/check the salt & pepper too.
- Put some on your freshly cooked pasta.
- Don't tell too many people you made this because then you wont have leftovers.
The Cookdollhead Mechanicville, US
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!