Pepper Shrimp In Peanut SauceFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp in shells, I use "easy-peel" shopping list
- 1 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 2 medium red, yellow, and/or green sweet peppers, cut into strips (about 2-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 6 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- Chopped peanuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp; rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- 2. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, orange marmalade, peanut butter, soy sauce, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- 4. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat on medium-high heat. Add pepper strips and green onions; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- 5. Add half of the shrimp to wok; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque; remove and set aside. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- 6. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; keep sauce warm.
- 7. In a 4-quart Dutch oven or kettle combine cooked rice, vegetable mixture, and shrimp; cook over medium heat until heated through, tossing gently to mix. Serve shrimp mixture on dinner plates. Top with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Makes 4 servings.