Russian Sour Cream Muffin CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup wheat flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sourcream (or sour wholemilk yogurt) shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 30 g margarine shopping list
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- lemon zest (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggwhites into stiff foam.
- Set aside in cool place.
- Put the muffin cake form or baking cups into the oven and turn the oven to 200C.
- Put sugar,salt and margarine in a kettle, heat, add some spoon of water if needed and dissolve into a sirup.
- Cool a bit.
- Mix together egg yolks,sourcream,margarine-sugar butter sirup,flour, lemon zest and raisins.
- Take the form out of the oven, grease it well and sift with breadcrumbs or crushed rolled oats.
- Add to the batter citric acid and soda, mix quickly and thoroughly with an egg whipper.
- Add egg whites by spoon.
- Mix gently, dont overmix.
- The batter should be sticky and not liquid.
- Pour the batter into the form, brush off the breadcumbs from places that are not covered with dough.
- Let the cake bake for at least 30 min, small muffins for 20 until checking it.
- Dont open the oven before earlier than this!
- Makes 5-6 muffins or one medium-size cake
- Substitutes -
- exchange margarine to 1/3 cup sugar or applesauce or prune puree,
- exchange sugar to artificial sweetener, add 1 tbsp more sourcream
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Russian American Food Lovers36 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Muffin Lovers22 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members