Molasses CookiesFrom mrn 4 years ago
- 1 c molasses shopping list
- 1/2 c shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 Tbls hot water shopping list
- 1 tsp Soda shopping list
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- sugar to sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400. Grease cookie sheets.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoon & sprinkle with sugar.
- Note: Cookies will spread normally while cooking.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes.
- Important: Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few moments before removing to wire rack to finish cooling to prevent cookies from falling apart.
The Cookmrn Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
Love molasses cookies. Have never made them but I will definitely try your recipe!
High 5 and thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
My grandma used to make cookies like these.... never got the recipe from her - silly me! Thanks for posting.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
These are amazing! It is so funny that many recipes using the natural sweetness of honey or molasses still call for cup(s) of sugar....I am always on the hunt for goodies that use the 'old fashioned' ways to calm a sweet tooth. Leave it to great-gr...moreScoops30 in loved it