Barefoot Contessa Creamy Cucumber SaladFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 4 hothouse cucumbers, thinly sliced (3 to 4 pounds) shopping list
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced in half rounds shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain whole-milk yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced fresh dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the cucumbers, red onions, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt in a bowl.
- Pour them into a colander and suspend it over a bowl.
- Wrap the bowl and colander with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to drain for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Discard the liquid that collects in the bowl.
- Pour the yogurt into a sieve lined with a paper towel and suspend it over another bowl.
- Wrap the bowl and sieve in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Discard the liquid that collects in the second bowl.
- When the cucumbers are ready, roll them up in paper towels or a kitchen towel and press the towel lightly to remove most of the liquid.
- Place the cucumbers and yogurt in a large bowl with the sour cream, vinegar, dill, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper.
- Toss well and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and serve chilled
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating8 people
very easy..thnks 4 sharing itsufia in JP loved it
Yummy!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Nice! 5 all the way!midgelet in Eastern loved it