Easy BiscuitsFrom ande16 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times.
- Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large BISCUIT cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. (yes, this actually works)
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.
The Cookande16 Carmel, IN
The Rating2 people
I like this because it is easy. A little refined technique, like using a biscuit cutter and it turned out good for me.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
This is an incredibly easy and delicious recipe. I chose this recipe because it looked so easy because I had never made homemade biscuits before but wanted homemade biscuits! Oh, and I used the juice glass and it was completely sharp enough to use as...moresimplysober in Lubbock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!