Jalapeno VodkaFrom ginlikedadrink 6 years ago
How to make it
- The infusion requires at least a few hours, but is really best after 2 days. It can be made several weeks in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Beginning at the pointy end, cut a slit halfway up each jalapeno pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a small nonstick pan on high heat. Add the peppercorns, and the allspice berries and juniper berries if desired, and cook for 30 seconds. Immediately toss into a pitcher with a tight fitting lid (or a big ole mason jar).
- Return the pan to the heat and add the jalapenos. Cook them until all sides are slightly toasted and blistered, about 30 seconds per side. Immediately add them to the pitcher.
- Pour the vodka over the peppers and spices and tightly close the pitcher. The vodka will be ready after a few hours but is best after 2 days.
- Before serving the vodka, remove the jalapenos. You can either discard the peppers or use them immediately for cooking.
- This recipe is from "Raising the Bar" by Nick Mautone
The Cookginlikedadrink Canton, NC
The Rating4 people
I do something similar....Great post!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I make something similar to this also... I serve it ice cold out of the freezer... five..
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
nice! can't wait to try this baby out lolcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it