Carrot WineFrom capedread 6 years ago
- 6 lbs carrots shopping list
- 4 lbs finely granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 lb wheat or barley ( i used buckwheat) shopping list
- 1 handful chopped raisins shopping list
- 2 oranges shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 7 pts water (enough to make a gallon) shopping list
- crushed campden tablet shopping list
- wine yeast shopping list
- yeast nutrient shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub but do not peel the carrots.
- cover with water and bring to boil, simmering gently until tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, put the sugar in primary.
- slice fruit and add to sugar (not the white pith, it's bitter)
- you can add the zest if you wish
- When carrots are done, strain them, pouring the water over the sugar and citrus.
- Stir to dissolve sugar
- add boiled water to measure a gallon
- Add chopped raisins and wheat
- add crushed campden tab
- pour into fermenting bin and leave overnight
- add yeast nutrient and yeast stir and cover
- stir daily for 8 - 10 days
- Strain liquid into secondary and fit airlock.
- Rack after 30 days and again 30 days later.
- Bottle and taste after 1 year.
- [Adapted from recipe by Noel Whitcomb, London Daily Mirror]
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating2 people
I know that you can make wine from almost anything. I spoke with a freind about this recipe and he tells me that it is great. I have to give this a five Forks! He has never stirred me wrong.
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Kinda on an interesting spin on wine will give it a try..maybe this year ..will let ya know if I start it....Great post
Big 5 heregrizzlybear in loved it