Medovnik- Russian Honey CakeFrom kutadkubilik 5 years ago
- filling shopping list
- * 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- * 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- * 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- dough: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey shopping list
- 1 stick margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- for coating : shopping list
- 1 cup crushed plain sweet biscuit crumbs, for coating shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup ground walnuts, shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Beat eggs well with sugar; add baking soda and liquid honey (warm).
- 3Melt the margarine/butter in a casserole or pot; add the mixture (margarine should not be too hot).
- 4Put the casserole on a low heat, add the flour while mixing and mix until the mass is without lumps (the mixture will be very thick and very hard to stir). Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Dip the dough in flour, divide, roll each layer very thin (1-2mm), cut circles as round as possible (approx 18cm diameter), and bake at 180°C for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown in colour; repeat with remaining dough and allow to cool before assembling.
- cream filling:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, honey, and butter. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil; boil until it thickens. Remove from heat and cool.
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!