My Philly Cheese Steak SandwichesFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 2 fresh torpedo rolls, split in half crosswise shopping list
- 1 small sweet Maui onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large clove crushed garlic shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 pound rib-eye steak, very, very thinly shaved/sliced (put in freezer for about an hour to make it easier to slice) shopping list
- few splashes of soy sauce (yes, that’s right!) shopping list
- 2 slices white American cheese shopping list
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter and 1 clove garlic (crushed), for toasting bread shopping list
- Mayo (optional, but in my book, mandatory!) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with garlic in skillet. Add bread, open face down and toast in skillet. Once light golden brown, remove and wrap rolls in foil; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat the same skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the oil and crushed garlic. Allow oil to become fragrant with the garlic then remove the garlic. Add the onion and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spatula, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and soy (go easy on the soy; you only need just a little). Add the sautéed vegetables back to the pan, sauté about 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- Spread a little mayo on the rolls. Add cheese slices and spoon the meat on top. Close the rolls and wrap in foil. Place in oven for about 8 minutes to slightly rewarm the rolls and melt the cheese.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds good to me! You've got my 5 Louisavictoriaregina in USA loved it
I can't remember the last time I had a Philly steak. Probably about 1993! Love this.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Gotta love a Philly Cheese steak sandwich. Sometimes I make it with Meatballs. Yummy.californiacook in loved it