Edible Cookie Bowl - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the Cookies: shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- ¼ cup blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 4 Tbs. ( ½ stick ) margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract. shopping list
- Assorted cookies shopping list
- Special Aids; shopping list
- Loaf pan 9” x 5” shopping list
- aluminum foil shopping list
- 1 ½-inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges. shopping list
- ( Can use a different cookie cutter shape for your own design ) shopping list
How to make it
- Making the Cookie dough:
- 1)Cover the outside of a 9” 5” loaf pan with foil. Spray with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- 2)In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, almonds and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat margarine or butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture; beat until a dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- Shaping the Cookie Bowl:
- 1)Preheat oven to 350º. Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 1 ½ -inch cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- 2)Cover pan with cutouts, overlapping and pressing them slightly.
- Baking the Cookie Bowl:
- 1)Bake cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 2)To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined loaf pan. Remove foil.
- 3)Now arrange an assortment of cookies in the cookie bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- As a Gift:
- Wrap with colorful cellophane paper and tie with ribbon.
- Good idea: Bake a few smaller bowls and serve with ice cream for a fun treat or as smaller gifts.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Note: Freezer Option: Wrap the bowl in an airtight enclosure of plastic wrap; store in freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw bowl, wrapped, at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
I will do this one at christmas i always make a basket and some home made stuff for my friends in th ehigh country.this would hold th esweets i make very well.......great post
Big 5 Heregrizzlybear in loved it
Wow!! How clever, I am gonna try this one. Thanks for the great post! 5 forks from me!!!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
WOW...Great post!ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!